Happy Friday! I’m so glad this week is over. WOO! Summer is fastly approaching and it will be soon time to lay next to the pool and read a book! Those are my favorite types of day -how about you?
For today’s installment of 6 Questions with, we have the lovely Carson Mackenzie! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Without further ado…here you go!
- Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors? Yes and no. I’ve always been a reader and before I started writing, I could finish 5 to 6 books a week. I still read only the number of books is down to 2 or 3 a week. It also depends if I’m close to finishing a book, then reading goes on hold until I’m finished.
- Writers are often believed to have a Muse, your thoughts on that? To a point because we all work in different ways. Mine is not a single voice saying “oh, this is what you need to write today.” I’m not that lucky! I hear several voices – and no – not the type that requires meds. Well, depending on who you talk within my family that is. I write in the character’s book who has the loudest voice on a given day.
- Have you gone to a book event? No. Do you like signing books and meeting fans? I enjoy signing books for my readers when asked. And would love to meet them in person. Just haven’t had the opportunity yet. Any upcoming events you’d like to share? Not at this time, but hope to attend a few in the future.
- Who is your current muse? Right now I have 4 voices fighting for control. Keg (Keg’s Revelation Book 3 in Haven MC); Apache (Book 1 in Desert Phoenix MC – new series working on); Coast (Book 6 in Black Hawk MC); and lastly, Brodie (Book 2 in The Titans of South Side).
- Have you ever taken any help from other writers? Not on how I write or what I write about. I do listen when other aspects about the industry are discussed; advertising, promo, programs that better fit with an author’s needs… We each have our own way of working and what might work for one doesn’t work for someone else.
- What do you do in your free time? My free time is spent catching up on my favorite authors’ books, or with my family.
Carson lives in the South with her son, two Great Danes, and an adopted shelter dog that keeps everyone in line. Books have always been a part of her life. Nothing is better to Carson than curling up and relaxing with a good story by losing herself in someone else’s world for a few hours.
Writing stories and growing as an author with each book published, is a goal Carson wishes to reach. Her aspiration is to have a reader know when they see her name on a cover, they can trust in the fact there will be a good story as they flip the pages.
Carson hopes to bring you into her different worlds, giving you a chance to escape everyday responsibilities, if only for a few hours.
Here are places where you can find what Carson Mackenzie has published and is currently working on.